Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome to 34...

April is always a month of celebration around here. A few weeks ago I baked this amazing cake (just don't tell anyone that the M&M's on the cake were in my freezer since last Halloween, okay?), planned a party, and joyfully welcomed my friends Sara and Sheila to 34. I always feel a little lonely (and a little old) for the four months between my birthday and theirs. And so, April brings cause for celebration!



I'm not exactly sure what's happening in this picture. Somehow, Sheila became the jungle gym for the evening!
Poor Baby Blake wasn't thrilled with his princess attire for the party. Look at him standing by the window...just wishing someone would let him outside to do the grilling with the "men folk."

Happy Birthday, girls, and welcome to your middle 30's! Good thing we just keep getting hotter, smarter, skinnier, and more charismatic. Ha! If only that was true! But we are getting happier, funnier, and more confortable in our (now slightly saggy) skin. That has to count for something, right?

2 comments:

  1. You are a tremendous friend! I love celebrating each year with you and Sara. I remember the "good ole days" when it was just the three of us. Our brood has grown to 11...and I love it! Now THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES! ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun it is growing up with friends like you & Sheila. I love you both! - sara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails