Monday, June 28, 2010

He's a Keeper

Nine years ago this month (I'm a little late...it was June 2), Steve and I started our married life together. What a wonderful adventure it has been. The one thing I know to be true today is that I definitely married the right man. I love Steve with every ounce of me, and I am so proud of him as a husband and a father. He makes me laugh and he encourages me and he supports my crazy dreams. He repaints the family room a million times (just because I've changed my mind about the color) and he takes the trash out every week so I don't even have to think about it. Of course we fight and drive each other crazy (just keeping it real here), but the truth is that I could never imagine my life without him.

Yesterday, we were leisurely sitting in our new plastic adirondak chairs, watching the kids play in their new plastic pool in the backyard (our life seems to be full of plastic these days). Out of nowhere, Steve squeezes a soaking wet ball all over me, starting a large-scale water battle. The girls watched as Steve and I laughed and soaked each other and acted like kids. I'm a 34-year-old mom, but yesterday I felt like a crazy-in-love teenager...giggling and splashing and chasing the cute boy around the yard. That's why I love this man and I thank God for sending him to me!

Here's some pictures from the day we were married. They are actually pictures of pictures, so the quality is lacking. Please notice my hot, skinny body. I do miss it and have been searching for it, but it seems to be forever lost. At least I haven't lost the cute guy standing next to me in these pictures! He is a keeper!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails