This year my cousin Chris and my Uncle Bradley took us fishing. Can I just tell you that those two summer evenings were some of the most peaceful, relaxing times I had all summer? I loved it. I even convinced my mom to join us the second time by telling her it was like paradise here on Earth. She wasn't convinced, as the bugs were biting her and the air was a little cooler, but to me...it was heavenly. See?


This little girl loves to fish, but she gets bored easily (kind of like her mama). Thankfully, she found something else to entertain her...flowers! My sweet girl cannot walk by a flower without picking it.
And Ellie was just thrilled to hold the fishing pole...at least for a little while! She got a few fishing lessons from Pappy Bill, and she thought she was big stuff.

Someone else got some fishing lessons from an old pro. Ha! Steve likes to fish but we don't even own a tackle box. It was nice that my Uncle Bradley, Chris, and my dad brought enough gear for all of us. If anyone is reading this...Steve could use a tackle box filled with fishing gear (and the recipe for doughballs) this Christmas!
Finally, after long hours of peaceful fishing (i.e. not a single bite), we hooked one (and by "we" I mean my Uncle Bradley). Kate quickly jumped in to help reel the monster in, but it was hard work....
So a fishing pro was called in to take over. Ha! That's one good looking fishing pro, don't you think?
And of course, I had to pose with "my" fabulous catfish (and by "my" I still mean Uncle Bradley's). He and Chris and Pappy Bill did all the dirty work while I had all the fun and got all the glory. Didn't I tell you it was paradise?

No comments:
Post a Comment