This fall, for the second year in a row, my family participated in the local Heart Walk. We walked in honor of "Pappy Bill" (my dad), and obviously, I'm so thankful that my dad is doing well and still with us today. But I'm also thankful for the friends and family who supported us in this cause. I was truly shocked by how many people were willing to buy silhouettes or have their family photos taken for a donation to the American Heart Association. Together, we raised a whopping.......
Wait for it...
Are you ready???
$637! We surpassed our goal of $500, and we never could have done any of it without your help. I am so very thankful for your support of the American Heart Assocation and "Pappy Bill."
A special thanks to:
Judy and Steve
Judy and Ryan
Sommer and Jeremy
Cathy and Mike
Michele and Jason
Debi and Greg
Sara and Ed
Emily & Family
Kristin
Heidi and Adam
Sarah and Mike
Melissa and Steve
Stacey and Woody
Marcia and Dave
The Helfrick Parents :)
Lori and Wayne
Lena Bengston
Erin and Shane
Aunt Penny and Uncle Bradley
The Wise Family

I forgot my camera, but one of my friends took a picture with her phone! Once again, we wore our Penn State gear (Pappy Bill's favorite team). My whole team (except for a few slackers - i.e. my family) walked the whole 4-mile course. We only did the one mile course, but with two kids at naptime, that's about all we could handle!
Thanks, again, to everyone who supported this very important cause!

No comments:
Post a Comment