My baby turned three at exactly 2:30 a.m. this morning. I can't believe it was three years ago that I first saw her sweet face, held her tiny hands, kissed her chunky cheeks. I loved her from the instant I saw her (before, actually) but I love her so much more today. Ellie is spunky, outgoing, fiesty, and a little wild. She's funny. She's silly. She can be a bully, but then she holds my hand so tight and she says, "I lub you, mama," and she melts my heart. Ellie is such a special girl. She's spontaneous, impulsive, fearless, active. Here's what I want to remember about Ellie today:
- She loves to wear "tap dance shoes" (black, patent leather shoes) with any outfit.
- She twirls her ponytails when she's tired. Sometimes, if she doesn't have a ponytail in her hair at bedtime, she asks me to put one in so she can twirl it.
- She loves yogurt, noodle soup, grilled cheese, and ice cream.
- She looks at me with her big blue eyes and says, "You're my best fwend, mama."
- She says "Finkles" instead of Sprinkles and "Farkles" instead of Sparkles.
- She says, so sincerely, "I sorry I pooped in my Dora underwears, mama. That's not good."
- She can hold her own with her big sister. She insists on her own way. She's physical. I fear that we may be visiting the principal's office frequently in the years to come.
- She is boycotting naps. She lays in bed and sings. When I get her up an hour later, she says, "I sweep good, mama."
- She sleeps with her stuffed green bunny every night. It was a Christmas present that Steve and I bought her when she was just a week old.
- She is a messy painter. She likes to mix all the paints together. There's such a huge difference between Ellie's chaotic paint area and Kate's neat, clean paint area.
- Ellie wants whatever Kate has. It doesn't matter what it is...she wants it and will just physically take it. She's strong. She's tough.
- She always tells the truth, no matter what the question: Did you poop in your pants? Did you hit Kate? Did you paint all over the table? Did you knock the lamp over? Did you jump off the couch and onto your sister? Her eyes get big and she says "um huh" while she nods her head.
- This week, at dinner, she said, "Don't talk with your mouth full, mama." Very funny.
- She drops to the ground and makes a snow angel the minute she's in the snow, no matter how much there is or what she's wearing.
- She loves to swing and says, "Push me super, super high."
- She loves to swim and would go every day if she could.
Mostly, what my sweet little girl wants most in the world is the one thing that I'm trying to prevent as long as possible. She wants to be a "Big Girl," and I just want her to stay my baby for a little while longer.
I love you, Ellie Belle, and I thank God every day for blessing me with you.







No comments:
Post a Comment