Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eggstravaganza - Part 1

Most of the egg hunts in our area were rained out, but the girls did get to go to the Easter party at their daycare. It was my day off, so I got to tag along and enjoy the fun, which was nice.

I love to watch the girls interact with their little friends and their teachers. My babies are growing up and I'm always amazed that they have friends and they actually have little conversations (Kate more than Ellie, although Ellie could talk to anyone...that girl has the gift of gab). Kate has always been shy, but she is really starting to blossom this year, which makes me so happy. She talks about her friends and makes all kinds of plans to hang out with them...most of which never happen, because they involve sleepovers and vacations and camping adventures (and I have to explain weekly that we just can't take her friends to the beach with us and I don't think they're ready to spend the night in a tent in the backyard at age 5!). She just looks at me like I'm so boring. Ha! I can't wait to see what she thinks of me when she's a teenager and I say no to her many schemes! But for now, I'm just happy to spend time with my girls, hunting for plastic eggs and dreaming of the chocolate treasures to be found inside. Is there anything better?



P.S. In the car after the egg hunt, I told the girls they could look inside the eggs, but they couldn't eat the chocolate. A few minutes later I glanced in my rearview mirror and saw Ellie with chocolate all over her face. I said, "Ellie, no eating the chocolate." She just smiled and said, "I know...but we can lick it." Note to Self: Must be more specific with Ellie. Ha! Wish I had a picture of her chocolate-covered face.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Kate with her friends. I think both of their baskets could fit inside Kate's! As for Ellie...I love the way she thinks!
    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails