Thursday, August 4, 2011

Roy G. Biv (special focus on the G)

Are you sitting down? No? You're standing up and looking at the computer? Weird. Are you in the kitchen, standing at the island, searching for a recipe? That's about the only reason I can think of to be standing while on the computer. It doesn't matter...if you're standing, grab a seat. I have some News from the Farmstead. Are you sitting? Okay...this week on the Farmstead, I have learned:

If you plant it and care for it and love it and blow kisses to it and pray for it and photograph it and wait patiently for it, and finally, pick it...

She will eat it!

I'm afraid to type this, for fear that I may jinx it and she'll never eat a green veggie again, but this little girl ate lots of steamed green beans this week. GREEN BEANS. Do you hear the complete and utter shock coming straight through the computer? She ate them (and I'm not even concerned that they were dipped drowned in ranch dressing). I'm focusing on the fact that they were green. beans. Did I mention that they were green. beans? Green. Hooray for the G in between the Roy and the Biv.

There's another little girl in this house who has not caught on yet, but I'm not giving up hope.

There's still tomatoes and peppers and sweet potatoes and carrots and broccoli to pick. She's bound to eat something, right? But I'm not focusing on that right now. Because one little girl in this house ate green. beans.

Today, there is much rejoicing on the Farmstead. Green has become one of my new, favorite colors! Yay for green beans!


Check out other colors of the rainbow on the Week 13 KinderGardens Round Up. Or, you could read the Week 14 KinderGardens updates (I'm late, as usual)!

6 comments:

  1. Oh what beeeautiful treasures that bowl holds! Hooray she ate GREEN BEANS!!! I'm totally rejoycing with you way over here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the cutest posts!! Yay for you both! I have some kids who like the beans and others who like the peas, either way it's green!
    CUTE pictures and story, thanks for sharing!
    BTW- I know I'm supposed to remember what Roy G Biv means, but I can't quite dig it up... Little help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cathryn! By the way, my daughter's name is Kathryn (we just call her Kate)...I love that name! Roy G. Biv stands for the colors of the rainbow...Red, Orange, Yellow (ROY) Green (G.) Blue, Indigo, Violet (BIV).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! That is fantastic news, and I can completely identify with how you feel. It is as if you ran the marathon and won when an anti-vegetable child eats something of his/her own volition!

    Here's hoping your green bean luck comes our way this week. My daughter loves them, but my Micah can't stand a green bean.

    Wonderfully written post, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Awesome news! Much rejoicing in the all the land :) Your fairy princesses are quite lovely, and I'm glad the gardening is working out, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray! tell her to come over and give kiddo some lessons! although i may use the ranch dressing trick. i've used it on a few other things (raw spinach, for one, which he gobbles up), but haven't tried it on the beans yet.

    hope princess number 2 finds something she thinks is tasty out in the garden yet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails