Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Amusing

Seeing the world through my daughters' eyes has been one of the best parts of being a parent. To them, everything seems so fun and big and magical. This week, we took Kate to her first amusement park. This is an awesome park - perfect for preschoolers. I loved watching her little eyes light up when she saw the rides. I love that she thought the princesses roaming the park were "real, live princesses" (as opposed to what, I'm not sure, but that was a big deal to see a "real, live princess"). I'm sure that to her tiny, three-year-old little self, that park seemed huge and colorful and buzzing with excitement...and it was. The even better part was that my college roommate, Lori, and her two little girls met us there. What a great day! Here are some highlights:

Aren't these girls the cutest things ever? They were born just 5 weeks apart and they have so much fun together!
The girls road this ride at least four times!

Kate did this ride near the end of the day. Poor little thing...she reminded me of the Little Engine that Could! She was so tired, but she tried so hard!

So I decided to help her out a little!

Family portrait...not bad - 50% of the kids are looking at the camera!




Maddie and I couldn't stop laughing during the bumper cars...it was my first bumper car experience and it was definitely my favorite ride!

These girls kept bumping into us!

The girls got to "milk" a cow. This poor cow actually lost a teet during the experience!

I'm sure Kate is saying, "Dude...crank up the radio!"

The Turtle Tilt-a-wheel started out calm...

but this is the face of a very dizzy and sick man!



Aren't they so cute? I hope they will always be good friends!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! That last picture is my favorite!! Where is this?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails