Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tiny Shoes...

Kate started dance classes last week. Today, we bought her first pair of ballet shoes...the tiniest pair of ballet shoes we could find (size 7) and they're still too big. Have you ever seen anything so adorable? Everything about Kate's dance experience has brought back such vivid memories of my dancing days. I danced for fifteen years and my feet are still ugly from wearing those pointe shoes. I wonder if this is the start of a long love of dance for Kate... if these tiny shoes will be a reminder of her very first pirouettes. Who knows. Maybe her love of dance will be short-lived, and that's fine, too. For now, I'm thrilled to welcome these tiny little ballet shoes into my life...and I'm even more thrilled to see this tiny little dancer twirling around my kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. I just happened to stumble across your blog, and I absolutely love your pictures! Can you tell me what kind of camer you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes bring back a lot of great memories! For my 18th birthday my parents had them into porclein and personalized them on the toes. They are very special to me!
    Maybe when Kate gets to pointe you can tell her how to help with blisters by cutting pads and sticking them on her feet! Oh, the good o'l days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet!!! Oh, the joys of bleeding toes and yucky callouses! I hope she sticks with dance and loves it!
    Did you take that first picture?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails