Monday, February 15, 2010

Ears..

Ellie will be having surgery on Wednesday to have tubes placed in her ears. I know it is a routine surgery and we are going to a pediatric surgeon who does thousands of these a year. But she's still my baby and I'm a little worried about her. My heart aches for parents of seriously ill children (like this amazing family). I cannot imagine walking that road and yet they have no choice but to trust God and walk on in faith. It makes my concerns about Ellie's surgery seem so minor. But I believe that God cares about every one of our worries, big or small, and so today, I ask that you pray for Ellie and for all the sweet kids around the world who are fighting much more serious battles.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'll be praying for her! I've been there! It took Dr. Shapiro 8 minutes to get McKenna's tubes in. I barely had time to sit down in the waiting room. Is that who is doing her surgery? Hopefully they'll just give her some "happy juice" and she'll be sound asleep before you even have to hand her over. Dr. S took McKenna right in his arms and carried her into the operating room. We love him. We also like Kevin Brown he's a P.A. who works in the same practice and he's done a great job checking on McKenna's tubes throughout the year.
    Let us know how it goes tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails