Friday, April 2, 2010

Scrap Away

Two months ago I went away for two nights and three days. No kids. No Steve. Just me and some girlfriends. Are you having visions of a spa and fancy restaurants, shopping and yoga? Well push those visions aside, because this trip was unlike any that I've ever taken. We stayed in a lodge in the mountains. Far from civilization.

The only available shopping was at the local pawn shop and Dairy Queen was the fanciest restaurant around. It snowed, though, so we were pretty much confined to our mountain lodge. There was no pool, no masseause, no fuzzy robes, no cucumber facial treatments. And guess what? I had a great time. We were scrapbookers on a mission to complete exactly one million pages in a weekend and we were stocked with enough junk food to sustain us for a year or so. What's not to love? My roomie (Sheila) kept me up all night discussing the benefits of the Honey Bell Orange and practicing for her future career as a QVC broadcaster. We laughed until the wee hours of the morning. Of course, we fell a little short of our one million page goal, but we scrapped night and day, completing old albums and starting new ones. I'm scrapbook challenged, so I stuck with the basics. I don't like frilly ribbons or flowers or fancy little doo dads on my pages. Takes way too long. Just call me a "slap-it-on-the-page-and-move-on-girl." I think I will give up scrapbooking one of these days and move into the digital world. But I did enjoy my time in the mountains with a room full of crazy, creative, junk-food eating, scrapbooking girls.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails