Steve loves to buy me flowers. Loves it. Seriously, you would not believe the elaborate flower arrangements I have received from this man. I love them and I love him, but I do not love seeing the charges for them on my credit card statement. I tried not to mention it, but let me just tell you that this year he really melted my heart. He picked out the flowers and then arranged them himself, in a vase that we already own. That's thrifty and romantic. He was disappointed that the arrangement wasn't perfect. But in my mind, there could be no better flower arrangement than this one. It's imperfectly perfect, don't you think? Just one sign that we are becoming better stewards of all that God has given us!
Friday, July 2, 2010
Imperfectly Perfect...
Steve and I have always been spenders. Well, Steve is a bigger spender than me. I'm a little tight. But the truth is, we like to eat out. We like to go to movies. We never balanced our check book. We never had a budget. We just spent when we felt like spending (which Steve seemed to feel like a lot more than me). Ha! We do round each other out, that's for sure. Thankfully, we didn't get into any trouble with our spending...unless you count that time a few weeks after Kate was born when I forgot to transfer some funds to our checking account and we ended up with $300 in overdraft charges (but let's just chalk that up to postpartum brain loss, okay?). Steve and I have been blessed, and we have really been feeling a desire to be better stewards of the money that God has given us. So we took the Dave Ramsay Financial Peace University class at our church and I've been clipping coupons like a crazy woman (thanks to help from Millicent and Judy)! We're trying to be "thriftier," but since we're being completely honest here - we still don't have a budget and we have yet to balance our checkbook (Dave Ramsay would be so disappointed in us - we're like Dave Ramsay flunkees). However, the thrifty mindset is slowly taking hold. Please see exhibit A: My Anniversary Present.
Steve loves to buy me flowers. Loves it. Seriously, you would not believe the elaborate flower arrangements I have received from this man. I love them and I love him, but I do not love seeing the charges for them on my credit card statement. I tried not to mention it, but let me just tell you that this year he really melted my heart. He picked out the flowers and then arranged them himself, in a vase that we already own. That's thrifty and romantic. He was disappointed that the arrangement wasn't perfect. But in my mind, there could be no better flower arrangement than this one. It's imperfectly perfect, don't you think? Just one sign that we are becoming better stewards of all that God has given us!
Steve loves to buy me flowers. Loves it. Seriously, you would not believe the elaborate flower arrangements I have received from this man. I love them and I love him, but I do not love seeing the charges for them on my credit card statement. I tried not to mention it, but let me just tell you that this year he really melted my heart. He picked out the flowers and then arranged them himself, in a vase that we already own. That's thrifty and romantic. He was disappointed that the arrangement wasn't perfect. But in my mind, there could be no better flower arrangement than this one. It's imperfectly perfect, don't you think? Just one sign that we are becoming better stewards of all that God has given us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment