Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Are you there readers? It's me, Holly....

Remember Me? The girl who used to crack you up with amazingly witty blog posts about life, photography, and red haired little girls? It's fuzzy, isn't it? Kind of like that feeling you have the morning after you've popped two Nyquil at midnight because you just.couldn't.sleep. Fuzzy, distorted, happy yet groggy. I know that feeling well. I was addicted to my beloved Nyquil for two years. But I will save my Nyquil addiction for another post (complete with my insider secrets to kicking the habit. You should wait, with anticipation, for that post).

Well, ladies, now that we've gotten reacquainted...let's review the last few weeks.

There was Christmas Eve. It was fabulous. We went to church (arriving late, of course...did you expect otherwise?...necessitating that we sit in folding chairs in the middle aisle of the santuary). We ate steamed shrimp and bruchetta and cheese fondue and strawberry birthday cake (with sprinkles, because not a day goes by in this household without sprinkles on something) to celebrate Jesus's birthday. We tracked Santa on Norad. We left reindeer food outside and set up a tea party inside (You did know that Santa loves a good tea party midway through his travels, didn't you?). We read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" for the last time of 2010. The girls were giddy and giggly and excited to get to bed before Santa crossed the Atlantic and landed directly on our rooftop. I'm telling you...it was a magical night.



Santa made it (as evidenced in the photo above), traveling down our new-to-us, faux fireplace mantle (purchased on Craigslist for a mere $50). The girls didn't even ask why there was no actual chimney down which Santa could travel. They just believed he would come out of that fireplace. I told you...magical.

And then, when I thought it couldn't get any better, Christmas Day arrived. I'm going to give you a little breather here, to soak it all in, while I write another post. Just sit and relax. And then check back soon. I promise not to take a four week break like I did last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails