Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Grand Finale

So I think ("think" being the key word here) that this may be my last Christmas post. But maybe not. I have so many photos. Why in the world do we take so many photos these days? What could we possibly do with 75 photos of the annual gingerbread house construction? Remember when our parents would get out the camera, snap a photo and put it back? Six months later, when the roll of film was finally full, we would get to see the handful of Christmas photos. Those were the good old days.

Speaking of good old days, my family spent the Christmas evening at my parents' house, which hasn't changed much since my childhood. The stockings are still hung upstairs (although they seem to be multiplying) and Santa still makes a visit to the basement to drop of a ridiculously large stash of loot. We eat and open gifts and eat and play games and eat. Did I mention that we eat? A lot? We played Mad Gab and I laughed so hard my stomach hurt (and soda spewed out of my nose). I love that feeling. Christmas 2010...it was one of my very best.
That is one good looking family, don't you think?
Here's a close-up, so you can get a better look!






Ellie was so sad that the gift opening extravaganza was over. She really didn't care what was in the packages, she just wanted to open them. See that face? That's how I always feel when Christmas is over. I love the fun and excitement, the family and the traditions, the focus on Jesus. But I just want to cry when it's all over. I guess I can't blame sweet Ellie for feeling a little sad about the end of a very happy holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails