Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Decor

When I was little, I remember how excited I was each year when I got off the bus and saw our front window decorated for Halloween (or Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day). My mom used to decorate the house while I was in school and then hang a few decorations on the front window. It was so fun to come inside and know that our home was ready to welcome the season. So... in the spirit of tradition (and trying to live up to my mom), I decided to spend a few minutes decorating the house for Halloween / Fall before I picked up the girls from daycare yesterday. They loved it and were so excited. Kate took Ellie on a tour of the place, searching for pumpkins all over the house. She kept saying, "Come on Ellie...let's find more pumpkins." Ellie just yelled "Pumpins" and followed Kate obediently. I hope the girls will look back and remember the excitement of fall, and I hope they will have cozy memories of their home all decked out for the season!





Ellie is very attached to this pumpkin!
P.S. Did you notice my auction cabinet in the first photo? I found a place for it. I think I'll paint it white after Halloween so that it matches the cabinet (which Steve made and isn't very proud of, by the way). What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails