
One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh produce, and we have the cutest produce stand near us. I love this little place, because its vibrant and fresh and full of good things to eat (and I do love to eat, you know)! It is run by women of the German Baptist faith and I'm sure they are good cooks...much better than me. I visit often and keep hoping they'll invite me for dinner, but that hasn't happened yet!
Anyway, this summer we have eaten our fair share of sweet corn, peaches, peppers, and zuchinni (in the form of zuchinni bread...which we count as a vegetable serving in our house). This little stand will close in the next month or so, and that makes me sad. But on the bright side, my mom and I cut off 150 ears of corn and froze it so we can enjoy it this winter. I also stocked my freezer with 15 loaves of zuchinni bread and six bags of colorful, chopped peppers, sure to cheer up even the coldest, dreariest winter night.
Anyway, this summer we have eaten our fair share of sweet corn, peaches, peppers, and zuchinni (in the form of zuchinni bread...which we count as a vegetable serving in our house). This little stand will close in the next month or so, and that makes me sad. But on the bright side, my mom and I cut off 150 ears of corn and froze it so we can enjoy it this winter. I also stocked my freezer with 15 loaves of zuchinni bread and six bags of colorful, chopped peppers, sure to cheer up even the coldest, dreariest winter night.

No comments:
Post a Comment