


Mistletoe hangs out in the house during the day to watch the girls and then he flies back to the North Pole at night to report to Santa. He comes back to our house before the girls wake up, and he finds a new spot to watch the action the next day. The girls love to run downstairs and search for Mistletoe and I love that they are creating fun traditions and memories of this special holiday. Kate's eyes light up and she asks me every night to tell Mistletoe that she's trying to be good and that she really wants a Tinkerbell Doll. I love that she believes in magic. I also love it that I can make her stop putting her sister in a headlock or hoarding all the toys with a quick reminder that "Mistletoe is watching." How great is that?
To learn more about the Elf on the Shelf tradition, check out http://www.elfontheshelf.com/
But you really don't need to buy the kit...you could just make your own Elf, like my friend Candi did. I can't find the pictures right now, but she named her elf Larry and he's adorable and homemade.
Let's celebrate Christmas traditions, holiday magic, and the return of Mistletoe!

No comments:
Post a Comment