Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Summer Send-Off: Answered Prayers

Twenty weeks. That's how long it took me to believe that I was really pregnant. I was a dedicated journaler prior to that, and I wrote extensively about my struggle with infertility. But I didn't write one word from the time I found out I was pregnant until I hit the 20-week mark.

Thirty weeks. That's when I found out the baby I was carrying was a girl.

Thirty two weeks. That's when I bought the first thing for that sweet girl.

Thirty six weeks. That's when I told my mom that she could have a shower for me (not before). I was still afraid and a little shocked after everything we had been through.

Thirty eight weeks. That's when Steve hung up the precious words around the top of the nursery. All the things that I wanted to do when we had a baby. All the things I had dreamt about and prayed for. All the things that I finally believed we might get to experience.
Chase Fireflies. Roast Marshmallows. Build Sandcastles. Make Snow Angels.

They're simple things. They're things that we take for granted every day (even me, even after everything I've been through). When I saw these pictures, they reminded me of that nursery wall. Blow Bubbles. A simple thing. A thing that I had longed to do with my sweet kids.


Four and Half Years: That's how long it took me to realize that God had answered another one of my prayers. Blow Bubbles. It may be a simple thing, but it is a Big thing to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails