Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sneak Peak for Alison and Denise...

This week I had the opportunity to revisit some friends from my past and I had such a great time. I used to babysit Alison, who is now the mom to twin boys. I'm pretty sure that in my mind, she will always be five (and I will always be 17...even when I'm 80, I'll still "see" myself as a 17-year-old girl). Funny, how we never age in our minds, huh? In any case, Alison is all grown up now, married to a soldier who will be deploying in a few weeks, and the mother to two-year-old twin boys. She's gorgeous. Her family is gorgeous. She's definitely not five (and my creaky knees and gray hairs are reminding me that I'm no longer 17, either). Funny how time flies!

When I arrived to take the pictures, this is what I found...
Two sleepy boys, piled on top of their grandma. Don't you love that? I'm not sure that those sleepy boys were in love with the idea of being woken up to have their picture taken. We tried to bribe them with bubbles and cars and trains and finally, we broke out the rainbow lollipops. We played a game of "freeze" and I just tried to get my lens to focus as they zoomed by my camera. Photographing kids can be such a challenge, but I just love it. These sweet little guys have the biggest brown eyes and (on the rare occasion that I saw it), smiles that just light up their whole faces! They are just too cute. Seriously...check out the cuteness....












This last picture could possibly be one of my favorite "real life" family portraits ever. It just makes me smile every time I see it. It looks like the little guy in the blue shirt is doing that "cookoo" sign with his hand (remember that from grade school?). Love it!

Before I took these photos, I just hoped that I could capture some moments that this family would cherish over the next year as they are separated by a deployment. Please pray for Alison and her husband, Ben, in the coming weeks, as I can only imagine how difficult it must be for them to say good-bye for a year.

Alison and Denise...I'm hoping to finish the photos this weekend. I'll let you know as soon as the CD is ready! Thanks, again, for trusting me to take your photos. I hope you love them!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that they will love these photos. They capture the essence of childhood and families. Great job Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...these pictures are AMAZING!!! I have the honor of saying that Denise is my son's mother-in-law (and my newest WONDERFUL friend); that Alison is his sister-in-law (a fantastic mom who I admire); and that him and Ben are soldiers together...two men who I am so VERY PROUD of!! These two little guys are such day brighteners. I wish I could have brought them back to Minnesota with me! Pam A

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails