After reading my last post, I realized that it provided an incomplete account of our trick-or-treat night festivities. Don't get me wrong...it was perfect, but it wasn't without some drama and a few tears. Here's a quick recap:
Perfect Tinkerbell Costume bought on ebay didn't arrive in time.
I cried.
Kate told me it was going to be okay.
I asked her if she wanted to be a princess.
She said "Nope. I'm going to be Tinkerbell."
Obviously, she's either very optimistic...or clueless. I think its the later.
Steve picked up woodland fairy costume on his way home from work.
I vetoed it...UGLY!
I stopped crying briefly to call my neighbor.
Miracle of all Miracles...she has a Tinkerbell Costume in Kate's size.
It was green and it passed Kate's "twirl test."
Drama Over.
Perfect Tinkerbell Costume bought on ebay didn't arrive in time.
I cried.
Kate told me it was going to be okay.
I asked her if she wanted to be a princess.
She said "Nope. I'm going to be Tinkerbell."
Obviously, she's either very optimistic...or clueless. I think its the later.
Steve picked up woodland fairy costume on his way home from work.
I vetoed it...UGLY!
I stopped crying briefly to call my neighbor.
Miracle of all Miracles...she has a Tinkerbell Costume in Kate's size.
It was green and it passed Kate's "twirl test."
Drama Over.

Did I mention that Kate LOVED her costume? Loved it!
Then this little frog arrived (AKA, Baby Blake) for his first night of Trick-or-Treating
He thought he was big stuff and he kept smiling this huge grin every time I looked at him!
And we're off...
Here's proof of how happy I was...
And Ellie was pretty happy, too...

Trick-or Treat (or Tick or Teet as Ellie says).
Yes...there was drama. But it was still perfect.


No comments:
Post a Comment