Monday, August 24, 2009

Hot Pink

This weekend, I had a big event...and those don't happen too often around here! It was my 15 year class reunion. I remember that in college, getting ready for a big event was sometimes more fun than the event itself. My friends and I would laugh and share clothes, discuss make up and run up and down the dorm floor searching for the perfect shade of nail polish to match our outfits.

So... on Saturday, I was feeling a little sad that I didn't have any friends around to help me get dressed for the reunion, to laugh as I squeezed into that super tight girdle, or to reassure me that my shoes and my dress worked perfectly together. But then I remembered that I do have a little girl in my house who needed to be introduced to the fine art of primping and planning for a big night out. So I woke Kate up early from her nap, asked her if she wanted to help mommy get ready for a party, and solicited her advice on nail polish colors (which I later vetoed, because lime green with silver sparkles just didn't match my outfit).

We settled on hot pink, and we enjoyed a little girl time before the big event. The conversation wasn't quite as sophisticated and her knowledge of mineral based foundations was limited, but I'd say it was every bit as fun as those college days.

P.S. Up next...15 Year Reunion Recap!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is the cutest picture ever!! Yes, it's a new phase of life, isn't it!! But mommyhood gives you best friends for life!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails