Monday, August 10, 2009

Small Group Field Trip

Steve and I are a part of a small group at our church...which means that we get to hang out, eat good food, and have interesting discussions with other couples from our church on a regular basis. Our group takes a break from our usual routine in the summer and we plan fun "field trips." This month we planned to go to the Big City Zoo, but it was raining. So we ventured over to different Big City children's museum. The kids had a blast. My camera battery died, so I didn't get a ton of pictures, but the museum was awesome. If you want more information, let me know. I was even impressed that they had activities that were appropriate for Ellie (age 19 months). Her favorite was a drum room (very loud, but so fun). She also liked the ball pit, potatoe picking, and the water room. There was so much to do there. Kate loved the water room - she got to stand inside a big bubble! And she loved climbing the slides and rock walls with daddy. But I think her favorite was the art room (who doesn't love a room filled with glue and glitter...especially one that you don't have to clean!). Here are some pictures:


1 comment:

  1. I must know where this is!!! And I did read your post...it was part of what spawned the thought in my head to write such an article!! It's not the first time that I have heard that same story...I wish I had a dime every time I have heard that story.

    If you are up to a little bit of travel, this place called Play Wise Kids is a great place to go, too!! It is in Columbia, MD, but totally worth the drive!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails