Monday, August 31, 2009

Sand, Baby!

I love to walk barefoot on the beach and feel the sand between my toes. I love to sit in a beach chair with a good book in one hand, brushing my other hand over the warm sand beside me. I love the way cold sand feels in the evening when we're flying kites and running up and down the beach.

I think that's about the extent of my love of sand. Ellie, on the other hand, has found that her love of the sand is much more extensive than her mothers'.

She loves to walk in the sand...

Sit in the sand...

and practice her swimming techniques in the sand.


This girl loves her sand, there's no doubt about it. I love watching the joy that children find in the small things...things that seem like a nusance to us (like sand in every nook and cranny). I'm so happy that I get to watch these little girls experience life.

I'm also happy that it was Steve's turn to handle bath night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails