Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Everyday Miracles...


Just over six years ago I wrote this in my journal:

June 11, 2005 (8 a.m.) The day of third IVF egg retrieval.

Last June, I was undergoing my third IUI. At the time, I found a large, broken blue robin's egg in our backyard. I knew it was a bad sign...I just knew at the time that that cycle didn't work.

This year, a robin tried to build a nest on the wreath on our front door. We moved the nest several times and still, that robin kept coming back, trying again to build that nest. When we went to Mexico, she must have been relieved. She had an entire week to build her nest without interuption. It was complete and the day after we returned there was one perfect egg in there. The next day there were two and several days later, three eggs. Now...there are four.

These perfect eggs seem like good omens to me. I love seeing that robin sit on her eggs just as I am preparing mine. That's what mothers-to-be do, I guess...sit on their eggs, waiting, waiting. I'm anxious to see those baby birds. I pray for them and for me. I hope that with the hatching of those birds so, too, comes the good news of a baby for Steve and I.

It is spring.
Anything is possible.



Exactly six years ago today (around the same time that those baby birds were hatching) I found out that I was pregnant. After three years of infertility, three miscarriages, three unsuccessful rounds of IUI, and three rounds of IVF, my tiny miracle was just beginning.

Every year when I see the robins building a nest and I get my first peak at those perfect blue eggs, I am reminded, once again, that miracles happen every day. If you're still waiting...don't give up hope. Your miracle could be just around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Miracles happen to those who believe in them. I thank God for a friend who believes in miracles. I love your little miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never told you that I had a note put in the kotel wall (Western Wall) in Jerusalem. In the note I asked G-d to bless you and Steve with a baby. I knew the heartache you were going through because I had been through it. I had so much faith in that little note! G-d answered your prayers with not just one, but two, beautiful beautiful girls. xoxo, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to comment earlier - this is a beautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing so openly. We've had some similar experiences, although we didn't get our "spring" like you did...(yet, anyway!). However, a peace has slowly grown in our hearts to the point where that is okay. We are truly, truly blessed, even if we never have another child. God is good.

    So glad He gave you your two beautiful little miracles!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails